Multifamily Garbage / Landfill Service
East Bay Sanitary provides a variety of cart and/or bins for the collection of multifamily unit garbage, or non-recyclable and non-compostable items. All items placed in designated garbage carts or bins will go directly to the landfill.
The size and number of garbage carts and/or bins a complex uses varies, but what goes in these garbage containers remains the same: garbage only. Your garbage container should be clearly marked and easy to identify.
While not everything can be recycled or composted, a lot can. If you separate your waste properly, you may be able to save money by getting a smaller garbage cart. Visit our Multifamily Services page to review the cart options, set out rules and how to stop, start or change service for residential customers.
*Please note that California implemented a new law January 1, 2022, SB 1383, that mandates standardizing the colors of containers for garbage, recycling and organic materials. The blue cart will be changing to gray in the near future. We will inform you before this occurs.
Garbage/Landfill Cart(s) or Bin(s)
Put all your garbage into your blue cart or designated garbage bin. Do not overfill; make sure that the lid closes securely for collection.
To see available cart sizes, visit the Multifamily Services page.
Extra Garbage/Yard Waste
If you have extra garbage or green waste that does not fit inside your cart, you must call East Bay Sanitary office at least one (1) business day before your collection day and before 2:00 p.m.
- There is a charge for extra garbage or green waste/food scraps.
- Extra yard waste must be placed in special recyclable yard waste paper bags that can be purchased at your local hardware store. You may also use a reusable container that can be safely dumped and placed back at the curb.
- YARD WASTE WILL NOT BE TAKEN IN PLASTIC BAGS!
- Extra garbage should be bagged tightly and or placed a reusable container that can be safely dumped and placed back at the curb.
- Please keep yard waste bags and reusable containers to a 30lb weight limit.
On occasion, our driver might tag your cart when a cart is overloaded and you will be charged for the extra garbage or green waste even though an order was not called in.
If our driver skips collection, please call our office. If your miss is discovered after office hours, please leave a message on our 24-hour voice mail system at 510.237.4321 so we can send the driver back the following morning.
If you accidently forgot to set-out your cart(s), please call our office hours and ask for driver to take an extra bag the next pick-up day equal to your missed collection without charge.