Debris Box Rentals
East Bay Sanitary is the only hauler authorized to provide debris box service (sometimes referred to as dumpsters) to the city of El Cerrito for residential and commercial clean-ups and construction & demolition projects.
Debris Box Sizes Available
General debris boxes are available in 20 and 30 cubic yard sizes.
We have a 10 cubic yard box available for pure concrete, dirt, rock or yard waste due to weight restrictions.
|20 CY||General Debris||16 ft||8 ft||5 ft||10 tons|
|20 CY||Construction & Demolition||16 ft||8 ft||5 ft||10 tons|
|30 CY||General Debris||18 ft||8 ft||6 ft||10 tons|
|30 CY||Construction & Demolition||18 ft||8 ft||6 ft||10 tons|
|10 CY*||Dirt, Rock, Concrete OR asphalt||14 ft||8 ft||3 ft||10 tons|
|10 CY||Yard Waste Only||14 ft||8 ft||3 ft||10 tons|
*If EBS is out of 10 CY boxes, 20 CY boxes may be rented for dirt, rock or concrete but the box can only be filled 1/3 of the way due to weight constraints. Overfull boxes will not be emptied. Additional fees may be applied for return trips.
- General Debris
- Broken or unusable household items like soiled textiles, broken furniture or other dry items from a clean-up project.
- Construction & Materials
- Metal, Clean Wood, Gypsum, Asphalt, Concrete, Roofing, Yard Waste, Cardboard, Rigid Plastic, Non-Contaminated Soil.
- Source Separated Materials
- Yard Waste: Ground Clippings, Leaves, Tree Trimmings, Brush, Weeds.
- Concrete ONLY. No rebar. Pieces must be less than 3 x 3 x 3 feet.
- Asphalt ONLY. Pieces must be less than 3 x 3 x 3 feet.
- Rock or Brick or similar material ONLY.
The following items are NOT ACCEPTED in any debris box. If these items are placed in the debris box, the box WILL NOT be emptied. A return fee will be applied for EBS to come back and empty the box AFTER the materials have been removed.
- General municipal solid wastes that rot like food scraps, animal waste, human waste.
- Tree stumps or root balls larger than 3 x 3 x 3 feet are not accepted.
- Pieces of concrete or asphalt or any other object larger than 3 x 3 x 3 feet are not accepted
- Hazardous or Toxic materials defined by governmental regulations may not be placed in the debris box. For debris box instructions, please download our Debris Box instructions below.
- Wet garbage (kitchen waste)
No Hazardous Waste
- Paints, solvents, pesticides, oil or other chemicals
- Asbestos Materials
- Toxic or Medical Waste
- Household batteries, compact fluorescent tubes, fluorescent bulbs and other mercury-containing lamps, mercury thermostats.
- TVs, computer monitors, CPUs and peripherals, radios and CD players, VCRs and DVD players, cell phones, cordless phones, telephone answering machines and microwaves.
- Oil or auto part debris
- Treated wood waste (TWW).
- *Treated Wood Is Hazardous Waste
- Treated Wood Waste (TWW) comes from wood treated with chemical preservatives, often identified by green or dark brown coloring and staple marks. TWW may be used in decking, fence posts, landscape timbers and guardrails to name a few.
- The alternative management standard (AMS), which allows waste haulers to accept treated wood waste (TWW) from residential and commercial customers, expired on December 31, 2020. For this reason, waste haulers cannot accept treated wood waste in the debris boxes or in the garbage, recycling, or composting containers as treated wood is now considered hazardous waste.
What to do with Hazardous Waste
Residents in West Contra Costa County, including the Cities of El Cerrito, Hercules, Pinole, Richmond, San Pablo, El Sobrante, Kensington, Rodeo, and Crockett can deliver their hazardous waste to the West County Household Hazardous Waste Facility. There is no charge to residents for this service. Small businesses are charged a fee depending on waste.
West County Household Hazardous Waste Facility
101 Pittsburg Avenue, Richmond
Open Thursdays, Fridays, and the first Saturday each month from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. (closed 12-12:30 p.m. for lunch)
Call 1-888-412-9277 or visit www.recyclemore.com for more information.
- All debris boxes are rented for 7 days including delivery and removal days. If you would like to keep the box longer, you must notify our office 24 hours prior to regularly scheduled pick up date on day 7. There will be a $15.00 per day demurrage fee for any debris box kept longer than 7 days.
- An advance payment is required upon delivery of debris box.
- Dump fee charges will be added to the account and charged to the credit card on file. No allowance will be made for added weight due to the rain. You assume responsibility for any unauthorized third-party use of debris boxes.
- You will be held liable for all repair costs arising from damage to debris box resulting from any attempt to move, push, shift, or lift the debris box from its original placement location.
- You may be required by the City of El Cerrito to obtain an encroachment permit anytime you wish to perform any work in the public right-of-way such as a public street or sidewalk. This is your responsibility and cannot be obtained by EBS. A permit is not needed for boxes placed on private property.
- Debris box can be filled no higher than the sides. Doors of debris box must be properly closed and locked for final pickup.
- No Hazardous Wastes of any kind is allowed in the Debris Box.
Debris Box Rates
An advance payment is required upon delivery of debris box.
Debris boxes may be rented for 7 days including day of delivery and removal* for the following rates:
- 10 cubic yards - $380.00 plus dump fees
- 20 cubic yards - $380.00 plus dump fees
- 30 cubic yards - $480.00 plus dump fees
*Boxes kept longer than 7 days will incur a fee of $15 per day until the box is emptied and removed.
Dump fees are subject to change. Current dump rates are as follows:
- Garbage - $150.00/ per ton
- Green Waste - $140.00/per ton
- Dirt - $75.00/per ton
- Clean Concrete/Asphalt - Market Value
- Certification of C&D Load - $30.00 per load
In addition to the charges above for rental and tonnage, if the items below are placed in the debris box, your account will be billed the rate(s) for the item(s) below.
|Tires up to 36” in diameter||$28.20 ea||$40.90 ea|
|Tires between 36” and 41” in diameter||$40.90 ea||$62.35 ea|
|Tires larger than 41” in diameter A||NOT ACCEPTED||NOT ACCEPTED|
|Other Bulky Items|
|Box Spring / Mattress / Sofa||$38.30 ea|
|Household Washer / Dryer / Stove / Water Heater / Dishwasher||$50.00 ea|
|Household Refrigerator/Freezer/AC (Commercial units priced higher)||$78.95 ea|
|TV / Computer Monitor||$124.60 ea|
** Please note, rates and charges above may change without prior notice. **
Get a Debris Box Quote or Schedule a Delivery
To schedule a delivery or pickup of a debris box, please fill out the form below or call our office at least 48 hours in advance at 510.237.4321.
If a certificate for a C&D load is needed, please notify our office prior to the scheduled pickup date. Additional fee will apply.
7:30 am – 3:30 pm Monday through Friday
Walk-ins 8:00 am – 3:30 pm Monday through Friday
1432 Kearney Street
El Cerrito CA 94530
PO Box 1316
El Cerrito, CA 94530
New Year’s Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, The Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. No collection service on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.